Download the latest SuperSU Zip (SuperSU 2.82 Zip) and SuperSU APK (SuperSU 2.82 APK) for your Android device. SuperSU was developed and maintained by the legendary Android developer chainfire and is the go-to choice for Android enthusiasts to root their device.
What is SuperSU?
SuperSU is the preferred method to root Android devices for many users. In this article, you would be able to download the latest SuperSU Zip File. We also have a detailed guide on how to install/flash SuperSU Zip via TWRP Recovery. This will help you root Android devices by using the SuperSu Zip files.
Android devices are and have always been pretty customizable when compared to other mobile operating systems (not that there’s much available now). Due to the open nature of the Android ecosystem, even the manufacturers customize the Android OS by adding their own skin on top, before shipping it to their customers. Android, by default, offers pretty decent customization options. Want to take it to the next level? Root your Android device!
SuperSU is one of the great things to have happened to Android, ever. SuperSU has been the go-to solution for many users for rooting their Android devices. Chainfire’s SuperSU supports a wide variety of devices and it works, every single time. There are a few other ways to root Android devices, yes. But none are as widely adopted as SuperSU. In this guide, we will tell you how to root an Android device using SuperSU.
Below are the features that you can enjoy after installing SuperSU.
SuperSU is completely open-source and its source code is available on Github. Anyone can contribute to its development!
SuperSU is completely free. There are no hidden costs or catch to use SuperSU. Can be used on any number of devices you want!
SuperSU supports a wide range of devices; thanks to the fact that it supports Android version 5.0 and above!
What is SuperSU APK?
SuperSU APK is just like any other Android application. SuperSU app acts as a front-end where you can manage and take control of the various aspects of the SuperSU Framework. One of the important duties of the SuperSU app is that it enables the user to control Root Permissions on the device it is installed. Like prompting/granting root access to other apps that might need it.
SuperSU was initially available through Google Play Store but was later kicked off from it due to what Google likes to call ‘Policy Violation’. Ever since users who like to SuperSU rooting framework were required to download the SuperSU APK file and sideload the same on their Android devices.
Download SuperSU APK v2.82
|App Name||SuperSU APK|
|Downloads||10 Million +|
|Last Updated||November 2020|
What is SuperSU ZIP?
SuperSU Zip is the core of the SuperSU Rooting Framework where all the rooting magic happens. The SuperSU Rooting Framework which is responsible for rooting Android devices comes in the form of zip file. This file needs to be flashed via a custom Android recovery such as TWRP or CWM Recovery in order to root the Android device. Please note that SuperSU Zip will only help to root your Android device. Unlocked bootloader and a working custom recovery are the basic needs to use SuperSU Zip.
Download SuperSU ZIP v2.82
|File Name||SuperSU Zip|
|Downloads||10 Million +|
|Last Updated||November 2020|
Why Root Android Using SuperSU ZIP?
The above heading has two questions in itself:
- Why root Android?
- Why root Android using SuperSU?
Rooting Android has several benefits. Here are some:
- You can customize the heck out of your device by using powerful tools like Xposed Framework.
- You can install various mods such as ViPER4Android, Dolby Atmos Sound Mod, etc.
- You can install a custom Kernel/ROM.
- Update your device to the latest Android version even after the official updates stop.
- Uninstall bloatware effortlessly.
And here’s why you should prefer SuperSU to root your Android:
- Reliable: SuperSU has been on the Android scene than any other method and it is super reliable.
- Works flawlessly: Supports almost all the Apps/MODs that require root privilege.
How to Install SuperSU Zip On Android?
- Make sure you have read the prerequisites section.
- Make sure you have setup ADB and Fastboot on your Windows or macOS.
- SuperSU Zip File: Copy the latest SuperSU Zip file which you have downloaded above to your phone.
- USB Debugging: Enable USB Debugging on your device if it is not enabled already.
- Connect your phone to your PC/Mac. If you get an ‘Allow USB Debugging’ prompt on your device > Check the Always Allow box and tap OK.
- Open Terminal on Windows/macOS/Linux:
PC: Go to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Right-click on the empty space on the folder > Select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open Powershell window here’.
Mac: Open your Applications folder, then open the Utilities folder. Open the Terminal application.
Linux: May vary between different distributions. Google is your guide!
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery: The method to reboot your device into TWRP recovery may vary from device to device. But the below ADB command should get the job done on any device.
Windows: adb reboot recovery macOS/Linux: ./adb reboot recovery
- Flash SuperSU Zip in TWRP: Once you are in TWRP –1. Tap on ‘Install’.
2. Browser and select the downloaded SuperSU Zip file.
3. ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ to root Android using SuperSU zip file.
Once the installation completes, simply reboot your device. Once you reboot your device, you will find an app named SuperSU installed on your phone. This app lets you manage the Root Permissions on your device (Granting/revoking root permission to apps). You might need to update it. If you do, simply update it via Google Play Store.
How to check if your device has root?
Download a simple app called ‘Root checker’ from the Google Play store by clicking below:
Now you have the latest SuperSU on your Android. This is the easiest way to install SuperSU Zip on your Android device.